£34,763 - £41,956 per annum
Pulse is working with the Channel Islands largest provider of health care. Our client is looking for a committed and motivated Theatre Practitioner to join their multi-specialty surgical unit, while developing your leadership skills.
Their operating suite comprises of four theatres. The department is very well equipped and covers a range of procedures across all specialities apart from Neuro, Cardiac and major Paediatrics. The range of procedures they carry out, some of which are at the cutting edge of surgical practice, often require high levels of skills from their flexible and knowledgeable staff.
They are committed to multi-skilling and cross-training our team in all areas of surgery, anaesthetics and recovery. The team consists of both RGN’s and RODPs working alongside a highly skilled consultant team in anaesthetic, recovery or scrub positions. Their theatre scheduling system allows us to manage emergency surgery within the normal working day, in line with
As the only hospital on the Island all of their team are required to be able to deal with any procedure that patients may require in an emergency, so flexibility and multi-skilling is crucial.
Successful applicants will be invited to Guernsey to attend an expense paid panel interview.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To assess, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care.
- To autonomously initiate emergency interventions as patient/client condition dictates.
- To provide prescribed nursing care without supervision, within the level of the post-holder’s experience, referring to a more senior nurse when necessary.
- To participate as team member, including supporting relatives and friends of patients/clients together with providing support for other patients/clients.
- To maintain accurate records, both electronic and paper, of the care given in accordance with agreed standards
- NMC registered nurse or ODP
- Willingness to undertake diploma level studies such as mentorship
- Post qualification experiences
- If in anaesthetic role: must have relevant anaesthetic qualification
- Relocation package provided – up to £5,000
- Match your current NHS annual leave
- Competitive salary
- Cost of NMC Registration covered
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic role, then please call the dedicated consultant today on 0207 959 1102.
If this position is not right for you but you have a friend or colleague to refer, we can offer a £250 referral voucher for all successful referrals *
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.