Manager (Adult Disability Services)
Permanent, Full time
Grade: Band 7
Salary: £41,956 – £50,004 BAR 51,716 – £55,315 per annum
Pulse is delighted to work in partnership with a provider of family medicine in Guernsey to help them recruit a Manager (Band 7) to join their Adult Disability Services.
As a part of this role you will manage a staff team supporting service users with their own tenancies. Provide support to service users to meet their physical, social, intellectual and emotional needs. This may include mental health issues, behaviours that challenge services and/or physical disability necessitating the use of hoists etc.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To co-ordinate the assessment of service users with complex care needs including individuals with undifferentiated and undiagnosed conditions.
- To co-ordinate the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for service users with complex care needs.
- To co-ordinate risk assessment processes to determine risks to the health and wellbeing of service users with complex care needs, taking relevant action to minimise these risks.
- To be responsible and lead on the ongoing review, monitoring and updating of care programmes, ensuring they are based on the assessed needs, evidence based and expressed wishes of the service user, as stated in their person-centred plan and for ensuring that care is delivered in accordance with professional and service standards.
- To lead a team of staff in emergency and other acute situations, ensuring that the service user needs are met and that significant others are supported
Skills and experience:
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Teaching/Mentoring qualification
- Leadership and management skills
- Caring and empathetic nature
- Good knowledge of learning disabilities and current best practice
- Expenses for interview will be covered i.e. for any flights needed
- Relocation package provided – up to £5,000
- Generous Annual leave
Should you be interested in this role, please do contact the team on 0207 959 1102 for more information.
If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, to earn a £250 voucher please do refer on their details.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.