Lead Apheresis Nurse
Permanent, Full time
Grade: Band 7/G-grade
Working hours: 37.5 hours a week
Salary: £42,071 - £48,432 per annum
Pulse is pleased to be recruiting a Lead Apheresis Nurse for a non-profit hospital in London. The hospital provides Peripheral Blood Stem Cell collections (PBSC) for various register and is an award winning cancer centre.
The job holder will lead the apheresis service, they will maintain and further develop the existing apheresis service in accordance with service requirements, quality management, JACIE and Human Tissue Authority guidelines.
Roles and responsibilities
- To provide specialist knowledge, expertise and care for patients and donors.
- To provide specialist training within apheresis area as required.
- To maintain the specialist apheresis service in accordance with service requirements, quality management, JACIE and Human Tissue Authority.
- To ensure that the pre-collection donor/ patient medical assessment is complete prior to both autologous and allogenic stem cell collections.
- To participate in Stem Cell Collection Quality meetings.
- To have skills in the care of the central venous catheter, venepuncture, cannulation, intravenous drugs, chemotherapy and venesection, apheresis and blood product administration in accordance with the hospital’s guidelines for clinical practice.
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- 5 years’ post registration
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in apheresis or area of relevance
- Contribution pension scheme
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Season ticket loan
- 33 day’s annual leave (inclusive)
- Excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education
Should you be interested in this role, please contact the team on 0207 959 1102 for more information.
If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, to earn a £250 voucher please do refer on their details.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.