Are you a determined and caring Psychologist?
Our client is seeking to recruit a permanent HCPC registered Clinical or Forensic Psychologist to join their prison service for adults located in Nottingham. This position is available to start as soon as possible, working full time hours.
The post holder will work within a locked forensic setting for adult males, undertaking psychological assessments for the service users including HCR-20, SARA and WAIS. You will also be working alongside non-psychological professionals, providing advice on psychological care, management and consultancy to staff members.
Your primary job purpose will be to administer the delivery of Psychological services to adults within the prison.
The duties within your role may include:
- Complete psychological assessments of prisoners
- Supervise Forensic Psychologists in Training, ensuring they work in line with the Code of Conduct of the British Psychological Society.
- Line Management of Forensic Psychologists in Training and programmes staff.
- To undertake any relevant psychological assessments of prisoners and individual work and to be involved with safer custody. You may be involved in the management and delivery of Offending Behaviour Programmes.
- Make decisions regarding suitability of candidates for accredited interventions.
- Completion of Parole reports and Parole directions complying with deadlines.
- Help develop the work of Psychological Services, for example through assessments and group or individual interventions.
- Provide a consultancy role to staff
- Deliver training as required to prison staff
You may also be involved in the offending behaviour programmes.
- Competitive salary
- An individual induction on your role and expectations
- A corporate induction on company policies and basic duties
- Competitive annual leave
- Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Childcare vouchers
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.