An opportunity has become available for a Band 8a Clinical Psychologist to work within a physical health service in either Omagh or Londonderry for adults whose mental health conditions impact on the management of their physical health conditions.
The psychologist in post will provide specialist psychological assessment of clients with highly complex conditions, which may include respiratory/cardiac issues. Undertaking risk assessments and risk management for service users is also a key part of this role.
The role will mainly be remote, however the post holder will have to come into site so must be based a commutable distance away.
Other duties may include:
• Providing leadership in MDT training and development
• Be accountable for own professional practice in the delivery of psychological care
• Promote a positive image of people with mental ill health or those with psychological difficulties
• Implement a range of highly specialist psychological therapies for individual clients, carers, families and groups
• Undertake highly skilled evaluations and makes decisions about treatment options
To be considered for this role, you must:
• Hold a doctorate in Clinical Psychology
• Be HCPC registered
• Be analytical and show good attention to detail
If you are a patient and empathetic Psychologist with a keen interest in helping adults with mental health conditions, please apply today or contact our team for more information.
Benefits of locum work:
• Daily payroll
• Variety of work opportunities in NHS and private sectors
• Expand your skill set more quickly
• Flexible hours of work
• Online interviews via HireVue
• First class support and advice from our specialist consultant teams
• ipoint – Electronic Timesheet smartphone app
• Assistance with travel and finding accommodation
• Streamlined compliance process, utilising new online technology
• Access to high-quality voluntary training
• £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and conditions
Not for you but know the ideal Psychologist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.