Specialty: Clinical Psychologist – Adult Learning Disabilities
Band: 8b or 8c
Job Location: Cheshire
Work Pattern: 37.5 hours, Full time
Pulse are working with one of the leading providers of services for adults with a learning disability. This established service is looking to appoint an experienced Clinical Psychologist at Band 8b/c to a full-time, permanent post.
The role is based in a specialist residential home for young adults with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs. The successful candidate will be an integral part of an MDT of clinicians and support staff, providing a psychological assessment treatment service as part of a care programme approach.
- Provide psychological assessments and interventions as required
- Assess and manage challenging behaviour with service users
- Attend MDT reviews
- Plan and organise teaching/training programmes as required
- Participate in personal appraisal and continuing professional development activities.
- Supervise Assistant Psychologists in provision of psychological assessment and treatment
This post would suit a Clinical Psychologist who has experience of working in either community or inpatient adult learning disability services and is looking to take the lead for psychology across this site. Registration with the HCPC is essential.
The organisation offer a competitive benefits package to include:
- Competitive salary or £50-60,000
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Child Care vouchers
- CPD opportunities
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.