Pulse is seeking a band 7 or 8a Clinical Psychologist to work in an Adult inpatient service for 1 day per week. You will be using a therapeutic approach with adults that suffer from complex needs including acute mental illnesses, development disorders and neurodevelopmental disorders.
Please note that that pay rates shown are for pro-rata.
The successful candidate will be able to:
• Provide psychological assessments and management of challenging behaviour with patients with mental health issues and learning disabilities
• Research and audit clinical admin activities while collecting and analysing data
• Write and present reports and assist in project development
• Use I.T equipment and software to create statistical and database spreadsheets
• Organise and undertake training programmes while contributing to group wide research projects
• Participating in professional development activities with your line manager
• Oversee assistant psychologists during assessment and treatments
The successful candidate will have:
• Post graduate doctoral level training in applied Psychology (or equivalent)
• Post-doctoral training in an area of psychological practice
• Have a HCPC registration as an Applied Psychologist
• Should be trained in clinical supervision
• Has had previous experience in working as a qualified psychologist
• Company Pension Scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Subsidised or free meals
• Flexible working patterns
• Excellent training and development opportunities
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.