Applications are invited for the position of a Family Therapist to be based in North London. The ideal candidate will be available to start work immediately on a full-time basis.
Your main responsibilities will be to provide highly specialised clinical assessments and interventions within an integrated multi-agency team who manage young people who are subject to statutory court orders. Your work would entail working with young people who are presenting with complex risks and vulnerabilities and their immediate families and wider support systems.
Duties will include:
• Undertake highly specialist clinical assessments, including assessments of risk to children, which may include using medical, psychological and social histories, observation, rating scales, psychometric testing and face to face contact with children, young people and their families.
• Identify psychological, relational, emotional, or behavioural issues to formulate, implement and evaluate effective treatment options and plans considering a broad range of therapeutic models and theories.
• Provide highly specialised evidenced based clinical interventions to children, young people and their families to support the management of problems including stress and family dysfunction aiming always to build their resilience and improve their outcomes.
• Establish rapport and build therapeutic relationships with children, young people and their families to assist them in gaining insight, defining goals, and planning actions to achieve and sustain change.
• Communicate effectively with any other professionals involved in the child’s care with regularity.
• Provide expertise, specialist guidance and consultation to colleagues and other professionals contributing directly to the child’s assessment, diagnosis, intervention plan and treatment.
Applicants need to be UKCP registered.
If you have the relevant qualifications and you think you meet the requirements for this position, then please apply now.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.