Pulse is now seeking to recruit a band 8a Clinical Psychologist to join our clients NHS trust, based in Kent. This is a full-time locum position, available to start as soon as possible for 5 days per week. The candidate appointed will be joining the Perinatal team, to participate in the provision of inpatient & outpatient Psychological Services to mothers with acute perinatal mental health difficulties.
Duties will include:
• To be responsible for the systematic provision of Specialist Clinical Psychological Services to mothers with acute perinatal mental health difficulties referred to the Specialist Perinatal Mental Health Team and those admitted to the mother and baby unit (MBU).
• To undertake high quality direct (assessment and therapeutic) and indirect (consultative, advisory and evaluative) specialist psychology interventions within Specialist Perinatal Community Mental Health Service taking substantial professional responsibility and exercising autonomous judgement in their professional practice.
• To be regularly responsible for providing training placements for trainee clinical psychologists in this specialism.
• To provide clinical/professional supervision to the Band 7 Clinical Psychologists working within the community mother and infant mental health service
Skills and experience needed:
• Good honours degree in Psychology
• Post-graduate doctorate in clinical psychology (or its equivalent) as
accredited by the BPS/ HCPC
• Relevant specialist training in the skills required for the speciality area.
• Clinical supervision training for supervision of Doctoral trainees on
• Breakaway training or equivalent
• Experience of working as a qualified specialist clinical psychologist for a
minimum of two years in Adult Mental Health
• Experience of minimum 50 hours specialist clinical supervision in Adult
• Experience of supervision psychological work
If you feel you are suited to this role, please apply using the form below.
In return Pulse, can offer you:
• Different payment methods – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
• Access to high quality voluntary training
• Access to exclusive vacancies
• Regional compliance team of training phlebotomists
• Support and expert advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
• An assigned consultant
• Various employment opportunities in your preferred geographical area
• Flexible hours to meet your needs, part or full time
• £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn a £300 bonus per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.