Pulse is recruiting for an experienced Band 7 or 8a Clinical Psychologist who specialises in CAMHS Learning Disabilities to join a service at a well-established NHS trust within Northumberland. The role is available to start as soon as possible, offering full-time hours per week. It is also due to run for an initial 6-month period.
The Clinical Psychologist will work with children and adolescents with a mild to moderate learning disability within an inpatient setting. The post holder will provide comprehensive assessment and treatment for patients, in addition to undertaking assessments for complex mental health/behavioural and emotional needs.
Any experience utilising Positive Behaviour Support is desirable but not essential. Any Psychologists with experience working with young people with a learning disability are encouraged to apply.
Duties within this role will include:
• Provide comprehensive CAMHS assessments including physical health monitoring (as required) of children and young people referred to the team
• Evaluate and make decisions about treatment options taking into account both theoretical and therapeutic models
• To enter required data into the Trust’s patient administration systems and to make use of data bases as directed by managers in the course of clinical duties
• Be responsible for implementing a range of interventions for individuals, carers, families and groups
if this role sounds suited to you, please apply using the form below!
Why join Pulse?
• First class support and advice from our team of dedicated consultants
• HireVue online interviews
• SRE team of trained phlebotomists
• Free training – we also offer 1:1 mandatory training
• Variety of work opportunities in NHS and private sectors (which are not affected by IR35)
• £300 recommend a friend bonus scheme*
• Assistance with travel and accommodation
• Different payment methods – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
*Terms and conditions apply
Recommend a friend to Pulse and you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.