Pulse is now seeking to recruit an assistant psychologist for a new and innovative service in London, providing therapy at Step 2 and Step 3 via digital platforms. The service will be taking referrals from local IAPT services to help increase capacity by providing opportunities for therapy at times outside normal working hours and accessible from home.
As this service will run 7 days per week with extended working hours, there will be a need for some flexibility to regular working hours which will include some evening work. This position is also a 12-month fixed term contract.
As well as providing a therapy service, further tasks will include assisting in administration, data entry, and clerical tasks including gathering data for service evaluation, audits, collection of statistics, development of audit projects (especially gathering service user feedback), and other specialist project work.
An interest in developing digital therapies and creativity in contributing towards a new service will be important.
Some key responsibilities of this role will include:
• To assist therapists for signposting clients on to local services where appropriate
• To ensure that local services agency details are available and up to date within IAPTus
• To make referrals to appropriate agencies, as required and as directed by therapists
• To liaise with local IAPT service providers as necessary
• To help develop ways of collecting client feedback
• Collect client feedback and present to the service and the IAPT clients
• To act as a step 2 supporter or offer Step 2 therapy (as appropriate or according to qualifications and experience) using guided self-help materials with an agreed number of clients
• To keep appropriate and up to date clinical records in accordance with all policies
• To deal professionally with telephone enquiries, taking messages, and using initiative
to take appropriate actions and help manage clients’ questions when they might be
Experience and Qualifications needed:
• At least a 2:1 (Hons) in Psychology (or a Master’s degree in Applied Psychology)
• Entitlement to graduate membership of the British Psychological Society
• Experience or familiarity with mental health work
• Experience of working in a client facing role and of working with a diverse range of people
• High level of knowledge and experience of using IAPTus as a patient record system
• Excellent interpersonal skills, especially on the telephone and with other digital communication media
If you feel you have the qualifications and experience for this role, please apply today using the form below.
“A focus on partnership underpins everything we do. Our unique virtual technology allows notes to integrate seamlessly back to the originating service provider, allowing them to access real time data and reporting, as well as cut down on their wait lists.
Side by side with our clients, we’ll increase their chances of meeting and sustaining the national recovery rate targets and transform the provision of psychological therapies in the UK.”
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.