Pulse is working in partnership with Imperial College NHS Trust which is one of London’s four major trauma centres. We are recruiting Permanent and Fixed term, Band 5 registered nurses to join their Critical Care teams across Charing Cross Hospital, Hammersmith Hospital and St Mary’s Hospital. If you have great communication and interpersonal skills with an enthusiastic approach to the provision of quality care, we are keen to hear from you.
- At least 6 months experience in an acute hospital setting
- No previous experience in critical care/intensive care nursing is necessary
- Desirable to have completed a Critical Care course
- Desirable to have been assessed as IV competent and hold evidence of certification by NHS
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the importance of supportive and flexible team working.
The Critical Care units currently offer 72 beds across the three hospital sites. They provide high-quality ICU & HDU care for critically ill patients and their families across a wide range of specialities, including:
- Major head and neck reconstructive surgery
- Neurosurgery and neurology
- Cardiothoracic & Interventional cardiology
- Vascular, Upper and Lower gastrointestinal surgery
- Major endocrine and hepatobiliary surgery
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust was launched on 1st October 2007. Made up of five hospitals; Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte's and Chelsea, St Mary's and the Western Eye, and integrating with Imperial College London, they are one of the largest acute trusts in the UK employing almost 10,000 staff. Offering more than 50 clinical specialities, and with one of the largest portfolios of services in the country they have one million patient contacts a year.
The Trust will provide excellent training and development opportunities that include:
- Automatic enrolment to our ‘Foundation to Critical Care’ Programme for you to build up confidence and experience
- Options to develop a bespoke rotation through multi-speciality Intensive Care units
- Nationally recognised training using the intensive Care network 'step' competencies
- Access to a University based, Internationally recognised Critical Care Course
- Clinical coaching
- Speciality training in Neuro and Trauma, with University accreditation
- An in-house shift leadership programme, supported with national competencies and access to Trust leadership development courses
- Career development opportunities in Education and Outreach and Resuscitation.
If you have considered Critical Care nursing as a career, then this could be exactly what you have been waiting for.
To discuss this further you can call us on 07850767516 or apply by below and a dedicated consultant will be in touch asap.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.