Visas required for working in the UK
Skilled Worker visa (formerly the Tier 2 General Work Visa)
Eligibility for a Skilled Worker visa varies depending on the candidate and client in question. At Pulse, we can offer placements to candidates with this visa. However, we assess this on a case by case basis. Candidates who have experience with specialities that are in demand in the UK meet these criteria.Learn more
UK ancestry visa
To be eligible for the UK ancestry visa, you must be able to prove that you are:
- Aged 17 or over
- Be financially able (without help from public funds) to support and house yourself as well as any dependants
- Can and plan to work in the UK
You must also be able to prove that you have a grandparent who meets the following criteria:
- Born in the UK, including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
- Born before 31 March 1922 in what is now Ireland
- Born on a British-registered ship or aircraft
You can claim ancestry if either you or the relevant parent were adopted or born within or outside marriage in the UK. Please note, you cannot claim ancestry through step-parents.
Tier 5 youth mobility visa
Anyone aged between 18-30 from the following countries are eligible to apply*.
- Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Republic of Korea, Taiwan
You can also apply if you are aged 18 to 30 and are a:
- British overseas citizen
- British overseas territories citizen
- British national (overseas)
You cannot apply if you have:
- Children who live with you
- Children you are financially responsible for
- Already been in the UK under the tier 5 youth mobility visa or in the former ‘working holidaymaker’ category
*To be eligible, you must also have at least £1,890 in savings.
Why work in the UK
With its prestigious NHS, culture, music and arts, along with its proximity to the rest of Europe, the UK is the best place to further your career.
To work in the UK you need to be registered with the relevant professional body for your specialism.
Support and guidance
Whatever stage of the journey you’re at, we’re on hand to offer the support and guidance you need to succeed.
Register with Pulse
By registering with Pulse today, you’ll gain access to the latest doctor jobs instantly. You also have the option to get in touch with one of our specialist recruiters who can guide you through your job search to help you find your perfect role. We are experts in the healthcare industry which helps us to understand your requirements and provide tailored solutions that fit your needs.