Visas required for working in the UK
Tier 5 youth mobility visa
Anyone aged between 18-30 from the following countries are eligible to apply*.
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Korea
You can also apply if you are aged 18 to 30 and are a:
- British overseas citizen
- British overseas territories citizen
- British national (overseas)
You cannot apply if you have:
- Children who live with you
- Children you are financially responsible for
- Already been in the UK under the tier 5 youth mobility visa or in the former ‘working holidaymaker’ category
*To be eligible, you must also have at least £1,890 in savings.
UK ancestry visa
To be eligible for the UK ancestry visa, you must be able to prove that you are:
- Aged 17 or over
- Be financially able (without help from public funds) to support and house yourself as well as any dependants
- Can and plan to work in the UK
You must also be able to prove that you have a grandparent who meets the following criteria:
- Born in the UK, including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
- Born before 31 March 1922 in what is now Ireland
- Born on a British-registered ship or aircraft
You can claim ancestry if either you or the relevant parent were adopted or born within or outside marriage in the UK. Please note, you cannot claim ancestry through step-parents.
Skilled Worker visa (formerly the Tier 2 General Work Visa)
Eligibility for a Skilled Worker visa varies depending on the candidate and client in question. At Pulse, we can offer placements to candidates with this visa. However, we assess this on a case by case basis. Candidates who have experience with specialities that are in demand in the UK meet these criteria. Find out more information here.
EU settlement scheme
If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU settlement scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. More information on the UK visas can be found on the UK Government website.
Why work in the UK
With its prestigious NHS, culture, music and arts, along with its proximity to the rest of Europe, the UK is the best place to further your career.
Eligible visas for working in the UK
There are many different types of visa that allow you to practice in the UK. See what’s best for your circumstances.
Support and guidance
Whatever stage of the journey you’re at, we’re on hand to offer the support and guidance you need to succeed.
Register with Pulse
Not what you’re looking for?
Search our jobs
We have thousands of healthcare jobs waiting for you, including many that are exclusive to Pulse.
Read our FAQs
We’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions to give you the answers you need.
Want to talk?
Simply request a call back and we’ll be in touch at a time that suits you.