Position – RGN – Pre Assessment - Surrey
Location – Surrey
Ref - ZARGNPRE
Hours – Full Time
Salary – Dependent on Experience
My client is currently looking to recruit a Pre assessment Nurse to join their committed team in Surrey. They can offer our Nurses the opportunity to work in a varied, challenging but rewarding role in a friendly and supportive working environment. Overall Responsibilities –
• Assess patients’ health and well being across a complex and changing caseload.
• Assist in the delivery of care to meet individuals’ health and wellbeing needs
• Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
• Develop own knowledge and skills and that of others.
• Promotes best practice in health and safety and security.
• Assist in maintaining and developing services.
• Contribute to quality improvement.
• Promote people’s equality, diversity and rights.Specific Responsibilities –
• Discuss, agree and explain responsibilities for assessment of patients including their needs and risks if any.
• Explain role, responsibilities, accountability and scope of practice for the assessment of a group of patients.
• Promote patients’ rights and wishes during the assessment, gain consent.
• Identify peoples health needs through observation discussion and the use of technical assessment methods.
• Obtain information on patients’ needs within the overall context of their personal and care requirements.
• Collect collate and organise data interpret all of the information and make a justifiable assessment, make this available to relevant others.
• Identify the implication of assessment against the programme of care.
• Transfer and apply skills and knowledge to new needs and issues.
• Identify and report any significant changes that might affect the individual’s health and well being to the appropriate person, if outside your scope of practice.
Qualifications and Training –
• Registered Nurse
• Working towards a post registration qualification in a clinical specialismExperience –
• Working in teams
• Work with minimum supervision
• Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient case mixes
• Experience in a caring roleKnowledge and Technical ability –
• Competence across a range of nursing skills supported by professional and clinical knowledge
• Posses the mandatory training requirements for role including infection control and health and safety competencies.
• Demonstrate principles of accountable practice
• English language to IELTS 7.0
• Possess Equipment and Medical Devices Competences
• Continuing professional development.
• Trained on MS Office and other relevant packages
• Root cause analysisSkills and behaviour -
• Passion for Customers
• Planning and Organisation
• Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement
• Communication and Influencing
• Working Collaboratively
• Concern for Standards
• Business Focus
• Nursing and Midwifery Council registration and regulation
• Willing to participate in flexible working pattern
• Empathy for vulnerable and sick patients
• Empathy for principles and importance of EO and dignity at work
• Flexible work processes
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.