Our recruitment experts are on hand to provide you with the support you need. Simply request a call back and we'll be happy to answer any questions you have.Request a call back
Good things are worth sharing. Recommend a colleague or friend for this job and we’ll reward you once they commence work with us. Terms and conditions apply.Recommend a friend
We are delighted to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit for an experienced and motivated Scrub Practitioner /Nurse.
As a Scrub Nurse you will be responsible for assisting the Surgeon with patient care throughout their surgical procedure. You will prepare equipment and instruments and making sure they are all accounted for at the end of surgery, ensuring the ongoing sterility of the operating theatre and that the national standard are met in accordance to the NMC, HPC and HCA’s Code of Conduct.
Roles and responsibilities
- Prepare equipment and instruments according to the individual needs of the patient and Surgeon
- Involvement with the updating of Surgeon preference cards
- Ensure all equipment and instruments are accounted for at the end of surgery
- Work closely with Sterile Services to ensure effective decontamination of equipment and instruments
- Maintain a sterile environment within the operating theatre
- Registered RGN or ODP
- 1 year experience, in operating theatres, with particular experience in a range of surgical specialities
- General all round theatre skills – scrub & circulating, multi-speciality.
- Contribution pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays; with the option to buy and sell.
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Support with relocation if you are living outside of London; subject to terms and conditions.
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic role, then please call the dedicated consultant today on 0208 167 5374
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.
Rewards & benefits
You’ll receive a range of excellent rewards and recognition for your hard work.
You’ll be given expert training, support and advice to ensure you progress in your career.
Read our FAQs
We’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions to give you the answers you need.
Registering with Pulse
Register your interest
Register your interest or apply for a vacancy. We’ll get in touch to explore your work preferences.
Get ready for work
Whether online or via a consultant, we’ll process your documents so you’re ready to start work.