School Nurse – London
Our recruitment experts are on hand to provide you with the support you need. Simply request a call back and we'll be happy to answer any questions you have.Request a call back
Good things are worth sharing. Recommend a colleague or friend for this job and we’ll reward you once they commence work with us. Terms and conditions apply.Recommend a friend
Pulse Nursing are looking for experienced School Nurses in London. Our school nurses provide care and support to children of the ages between 3-16. As a School nurse you will use your clinical judgement and public health expertise to identify health needs early on, determining risk and protective factors and providing early intervention to prevent issues escalating.
School Nurse responsibilities includes:
- be a support for children who just need someone to listen
- the school nurse’s day-to-day role varies from area to area, but will typically, include:
- working with other professionals to keep children safe, support local safeguarding arrangements, and ensure that the voice of the child is considered
- supporting holistic assessment of children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing needs
- carrying out health assessments to identify risk-taking behaviors and supporting children to keep safe
- offering individual support to children, young people and families to manage lifestyle concerns and change behaviors, for example related to healthy weight
- early identification of vulnerability that may impact on the child or young person’s education or school attendance. This may include being a young career, being a child in care, experiencing domestic or emotional abuse or parental substance misuse
- supporting children and young people who have complex and long-term health needs
- helping children and young people to develop a knowledge of self-care, autonomy and decision making, including how to access health services
- Supporting the Children and young person’s physical health needs and appropriately implement care in accordance to the child/young person’s plan of care
School Nurse Role Requirements:
- promote healthy living, including sex and health education
- give immunizations, vaccinations and carry out screenings
- train teachers on healthcare issues and advise on school health policy
- support children with medical needs like asthma, diabetes, epilepsy or mental health issues Administer medications in accordance to local policy and procedure
- Hold an appropriate NMC registration
- Knowledge and experience in recognizing safeguarding concerns, and the appropriate escalation/management of these
As a School Nurse, you will receive the following benefits:
- Be partnered with a dedicated consultant to support you throughout your onboarding, compliance and booking stages
- Be able to access reliable booking team which works 24/7 and can support you day or night.
- Receive rewarding, competitive pay rates and bonuses of up to £500 for recommending your friends*
- Quick, easy and convenient online recruitment process
- Ability to update your availability and book your own shifts with our free smartphone app, ipoint
- Access to a wide variety of shifts across the UK and which suits your lifestyle
- Rates to be confirmed.
- Free uniform
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity further, please apply today and a member of our team will contact as soon as possible. Or give us a call and we will be here ready to answer any of your questions on 0333 577 3410 Option 1, Option 3
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.
Rewards & benefits
You’ll receive a range of excellent rewards and recognition for your hard work.
You’ll be given expert training, support and advice to ensure you progress in your career.
Read our FAQs
We’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions to give you the answers you need.
Registering with Pulse
Register your interest
Register your interest or apply for a vacancy. We’ll get in touch to explore your work preferences.
Get ready for work
Whether online or via a consultant, we’ll process your documents so you’re ready to start work.