Intensive Care Nurses (ICU) – Oxford
Intensive Care Nurses (ICU) – Oxford
Our recruitment experts are on hand to provide you with the support you need. Simply request a call back and we'll be happy to answer any questions you have.Request a call back
Good things are worth sharing. Recommend a colleague or friend for this job and we’ll reward you once they commence work with us. Terms and conditions apply.Recommend a friend
Pulse Nursing are in search of experienced dedicated registered Intensive Care Nurses (ICU) to work in Oxford .
Pulse has a very high demand of shifts at competitive rates with a wide variety of temporary adhoc or block bookings across the NHS Trusts in Oxford.
Rates of pay: £29.84 – £40.56 (Hourly)
It’s now even easier to join with our online application process which is quick and easy & with support from a designated recruitment liaison consultant to assist you. You can also manage your Availability with ease with our online app ipoint.
Our dedicated team can discuss our opportunities for ICU nurses in Oxford and explain our quick and easy online registration process. Working flexible shifts is also made easy too due to our online booking system, which allows you to manage your availability and book your shifts.
Your day to day role as an ICU nurse-
- Plan, implement and evaluate care
- Assist patients with their activities of daily living
- Regular assessment and monitoring of patient’s vital signs
- Perform different types of observations and use of different monitoring systems
- Use and ensure working function of varied medical equipment such as ventilators, infusions pumps, feeding pumps, monitors
- Administer medication via different routes
- Care for patient receiving invasive and non-invasive ventilation
- Prioritize care
- Recognize patient deterioration and timely escalation of care
- Communicate effectively with members of the multidisciplinary team, patients and relatives
- Work as part of a team
- Make appropriate referrals
- Keep accurate and timely patient records
- Work under pressure
- Problem solving
- Follow local policies and procedures
- Prepare patient for discharge or transfer to other departments
Benefits of Critical Care Nurses (ITU) working for Pulse:
- Rewarding – making a difference to patients and receiving highly competitive pay rates, as well as bonuses of up to £500 for recommending your friends*
- Flexible – work the shifts that suit your lifestyle
- Easy – quick and convenient online recruitment process
- Modern – update your availability and book your own shifts with our free smartphone app, ipoint
- Exclusive – be the first to access the best choice of shifts across the UK, not available elsewhere
- Reliable – faster pay with a range of payment options; PAYE, PSC/LTD and umbrella
- Dynamic – work across the NHS and private sector
- Supportive – specialist revalidation support and access to high quality training and development
- Developing – voluntary access to additional free training courses to support your development and revalidation.
- Complete – a first class service from a leading UK nursing agency
Requirements for Critical Care Nurses (ICU) working for Pulse:
Minimum of 6 months experience working in an ICU setting within the last 12 months, Registered nurse with the NMC, 2 Recent clinical references from with the last 12 months.
If you would like to register with Pulse for shifts in Oxford or other NHS Trusts, please apply and a member of our dedicated team will contact you.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.
Rewards & benefits
You’ll receive a range of excellent rewards and recognition for your hard work.
You’ll be given expert training, support and advice to ensure you progress in your career.
Read our FAQs
We’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions to give you the answers you need.
Registering with Pulse
Register your interest
Register your interest or apply for a vacancy. We’ll get in touch to explore your work preferences.
Get ready for work
Whether online or via a consultant, we’ll process your documents so you’re ready to start work.