Revalidation support for Pulse nurses and midwives
What is revalidation?
Revalidation is required every three years and is a process that allows you to maintain your registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and demonstrates your continued ability to practice safely and effectively.
Revalidation is not an assessment of your fitness to practice, a new way to raise fitness to practice concerns or an assessment against your current/former employment. It promotes greater professionalism, encourages you to update your knowledge, learn new skills and improves the quality of care that patients receive by encouraging you to reflect on your practice against the NMC Code and understand the changing needs of the public and fellow healthcare professionals.
Find out more about validation on the NMC website.Read more
When do I need to revalidate?
Your revalidation application is due on the first day of the month in which your registration expires. For example, if your renewal date is 30 April, your revalidation application date will be 1 April.
Don’t worry if you don’t always remember when your application is due. The NMC will send you a reminder 60 days before and you can submit your application at any point during this time. We do however recommend that you work towards meeting the revalidation requirements throughout the three-year registration period so you can be prepared.
Log into your NMC account and check your renewal date.Your NMC account
Requirements for revalidation:
- 450 practice hours
- 35 hours of continuing professional development (CPD) – of which 20 must be participatory
- Five pieces of practice related feedback- from patients/relatives/colleagues
- Five written reflective accounts – based on CPD/ feedback/ an experience
- Reflective discussion – with another nurse or midwife
- Health and character declaration – to show you are capable of safe and effective practice
- Indemnity arrangement – evidence to demonstrate you have the right indemnity arrangement in place
- Confirmation – signed by your confirmer
Find out more about CPD for revalidationRead more
Download the forms and templates on the NMW website
We’re here to support you
Our dedicated revalidation team is on hand to assist you every step of the way and is made up of nurses who have first-hand experience of revalidation and can support you with:
- Any queries or concerns regarding your revalidation
- Providing evidence of practice hours and CPD hours undertaken with Pulse
- Review your reflective accounts and provide support before your reflective discussion (if Pulse is your main provider of work)
- Undertake your reflective discussion (if Pulse is your main provider of work)
- Act as your confirmer (if Pulse is your main provider of work)