Our client is currently seeking an Occupational Therapist to join their CAMHS Eating Disorders service for ages 8-18, based in Hertfordshire. The post is available to start as soon as possible offering full time hours in a permanent position.
The successful candidate will lead the Occupational Therapy team, which empowers recovery to children and young people with eating disorders. They will review evidence in relation to the provision of Occupational Therapy in the treatment of childhood and adolescent eating disorders to ensure the service is providing a high-quality evidence-based treatment approach.
To be considered for this role applying therapist’s must:
- HCPC registration
- Relevant qualifications within Occupational Therapy
- Attendance at postgraduate courses providing specialist knowledge or experience in Eating Disorders
- Have the ability to develop a rapport with patients
- Encourage and build confidence in others
Key responsibilities will include:
- To manage a caseload of clients with complex needs, using evidence based /client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate group and individual interventions.
- To provide outcome-oriented group and individual occupation-focused interventions.
- To provide safe, effective, quality OT interventions that ensure positive client experience.
- To assist with carer interventions.
- To provide leadership for junior staff, through supervision and appraisal.
- To participate in the planning, development and evaluation of OT services within the eating disorders service, holding responsibility for defined projects
- To provide interventions within other parts of the eating disorders services if required
- To provide cover within the out-patients, day patient and in-patient settings as required
The equivalent of 33 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.