Position – Ward Manager - Manchester
Ref – STWMCM
Salary – £33,000 - £35,000
Hours – 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday
We are seeking a Ward Manager to join our well established clients in there award winning site in Manchester.
They are an established market leader in the provision of the highest quality services for CAMHS. They also provide services for women and men with a diagnosis of mental illness and personality disorder
This is an exciting opportunity for you to be working for a company that is passionate about providing the best care in the best environment.
• To be visible on the ward as the Ward Manger.
• To provide support to the Clinical Services Manager in the delivery of safe, effective care and treatment and the day to day management of clinical/professional issues in designated clinical areas. Provide leadership, direction, support and supervision for the nursing team to achieve compliance with both professional and regulatory standards in accordance with any operational and strategic objectives.
• Be accountable for delivering weekly reports, audit, staffing resources, developing skills, ensuring systems are in place for staff and patients / young people. Accountability for all documentation and audits, accuracy and timely delivery
• Support the Line Manager in the management of the nursing service, delegating responsibility to the Team Leaders as appropriate but retaining overall accountability
• Ensure links with Contracts Compliance, medical and nursing teams facilitate the efficient and effective assessment, admission and care pathways of patients / young people
• Ensure that budgetary and human resource management are addressed and variance accounted for according to acuity and budgets
• As directed, develop or review policies and procedures to meet professional, statutory and organisational requirements
• Participate in on call arrangements for the Hospital and role of Ward Manager on site as scheduled
• Act as the clinical manager for the service in absence of line manager
• Contribute to decision making and strategy formulation.
• Provide weekly report on patient and staff activities in own area with KPIs
• Support and participate in all visits by regulatory / professional bodies
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.