Position: Registered Nurse - ODP- Leicester
Salary: £21,909 – £35,225 – DOE
Hours: Full Time Vacancy –
My client is currently seeking a Registered General Nurse / Operating Department Practitioner who is interested in a career in the operating theatres at Leicester. Newly qualified applicants will also be considered for this post.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a variety of disciplines anasethetics, scrub and recovery to include general surgery, ENT, Plastics, Bariatric, Urology, Vascular, Ophthalmic and Orthopaedic surgery.
They have a robust training program in place which will fully support your development in your role, including opportunities to train in clinical human factors and as a surgical first assistant.Job Purpose -
To work as a member of the multi-disciplinary peri-operative team, practising a high standard of clinical care and participating in all activities of the department to enhance the patient experience.
• The post holder will work flexibly alongside team members to meet the needs of the service.
• The post holder is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care during the peri-operative event.
• The post holder will be expected to participate fully in the relevant rota, to including on call commitments.Education and Training –
• To actively participate in the local orientation / induction programmes.
• To promote an atmosphere conducive to a positive learning environment.
• To ensure own professional development through attendance at formal and informal study days / sessions.
• Utilises opportunities for continuing development in specialist clinical and theoretical skills to provide up to date patient care.
• Take responsibility for own professional development , fulfilling the requirements of PREP and the NMC.
• Act as a mentor to an identified number of students enabling learning to take place.
• Provide guidance and support to junior staff as appropriate.
• Develop assessment and teaching skills and contribute to the assessment of students.
• Acknowledge limitations, seeking guidance from senior staff as necessary.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.