Position: Theatre Practitioner – Recovery - Leicester
Salary: £26,000-£41,000– DOE
Hours: Full Time – 37.5 Hrs (Would Consider Part Time)
My client is currently seeking a Registered General Nurse who is interested in joining their team at their Leicester Hospital. Reports to:
Recovery Team Leader
This is a varied role as this hospital covers a large range of specialities such as general surgery, ENT, plastics, Bariatrics, urology, vascular, ophthalmic and orthopaedic surgery. There will also be the opportunity to rotate and learn new skills as a theatre nurse and we have a robust training programme in place which will fully support your development.Responsibilities -
• Assess patient’s health and well being across a complex and changing caseload.
• Assist in the delivery of care to meet patient’s health and wellbeing.
• Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
• Develop own knowledge and skills and that of others.
• Promotes best practice in health and safety and security.
• Assist in maintaining and developing services.
• Contribute to quality improvement.
• Promote people’s equality, diversity and rights.
• Apply technology for measurement, monitoring and treatment.
• Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.Qualifications and Training -
• Registered Nurse/Operating Department Practitioner
• Working towards post registration qualification in perioperative practice (nurse)
• Working towards post registration qualification in clinical specialism (ODP)
• Working in teams and with minimum supervision
• Experience in a caring role
• Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient
This vacancy is for full-time 37.5 hours per week but is negotiable. Applicants need to have flexibility to work a variety of shifts as our Theatre department is open Monday to Friday 07:30-21:00 and Saturday 07:30-17:00.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.