Position – Theatre Practitioner-Newly Qualified & Experienced - Nottingham
Ref - DBTPNOTTC
Salary – Up to £29K depending on experience
Hours- Full Time
My client is currently looking for skilled Theatre Practitioner to support the senior clinical staff and make sure high standards of effective care are delivered to all patients within the Theatre suite, whilst maintaining communication within the team.
Ideal candidates will have previous experience any theatre speciality and be prepared to take on greater responsibility within the theatre suite.
You will be expected to run a theatre list with minimal supervision.
A flexible attitude to work and ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team, covering a range of specialties is essential.
Theatre Practitioner- The Role
As a Theatre Nurse, you’ll play a key role in ensuring that the theatre department is left stocked up and prepared for the next day. You’ll act as first assistant during surgery under the supervision of the Surgeons where you’ll monitor and assess the patient’s condition, responding to changes and proposing and making changes to care plan as required.
You’ll be directing and participating in the manoeuvring and the positioning of conscious and unconscious patients as well as handing over and transferring responsibility of care to colleagues, ensuring appropriate information and care is relayed. You’ll follow guidelines on maintaining patients’ notes and documents, ensuring legibility and accuracy of nursing records, and understanding the legal implications of these documents.
The care of our patients is key, so you‘ll take measures to ensure their safety and will be competent in the administration of drugs used in the theatre environment. You’ll be familiar with all departmental and emergency equipment and ensuring that nursing procedures are implemented and maintained in accordance with Clinical Governance policies.
• Registered Nurse (Level 1 or 2)(welcome applications from Newly Qualified)
• Proven experience working in a busy operating theatre environment
• An awareness of research and evidence based practice in the clinical setting
• Evidence of continuous professional development
• Proven intravenous therapy skills
• Interest & academic ability to undertake further training within a particular speciality
• Experience in the use of computers
• Good communication skills written & verbal, with the ability to demonstrate fluency, clarity and effectiveness at all levels
• Effective influencing skills with peer group & senior healthcare professionals
• Teaching & mentoring skills
• Ability to prioritise workload, instruct & direct others
• 27 days annual leave and additional service related days
• Pension contribution scheme
• Private medical insurance & Life assurance scheme
• Child care vouchers & Bike to work scheme
• Share options
• Interest free travel loan
• Free parking
• Free tea, coffee, fruit and massages
Key words- RGN, Registered General Nurse, Theatre Practitioner, RN
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.