Position – Theatre Practitioner – Cheadle
Ref – EKTPALOC
Location – Cheadle
Salary – £30,000
Hours- Full-time – Permanent
My client has an opportunity for Theatre Practitioners with experience in Anaesthetics, scrub or recovery to join their team of staff in Cheadle.
This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis at 37.5 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
• Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills (Desirable)
• ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/D33/A1 (Desirable)
• ILS (Desirable)
• ALS (Desirable)
Role Purpose & Core Responsibilities:
• To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
• To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
• Assist in the delivery of patient care
• Contribute to quality improvement
• Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.Key accountabilities:
• Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia.
• The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
• Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic
• Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase of care
• Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
• Administer drugs and fluids to the appropriate GHG policy
• Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
• Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs.
• Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed
• Complete all written documentation in a timely manner and to an acceptable level.
• Act as a role model and mentor to junior staff.
• Promote and ensure an environment conducive to the continuing prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors.
• Be aware of and comply with all infection prevention and control policies and ensure best practice is maintained to ensure low infection rates.Salary & Employee Benefits Package:
• Healthcare Scheme
• Dental Plan
• Childcare Vouchers
• Staff Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday per annum
• Gym membership discount
Theatre, Practitioner, ODP, Anaesthetics, Scrub, Recovery, NMC, HCPC.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.