Position: Theatre Practitioner – Anaesthetics / Recovery – ODP or RGN – Kent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £34,000 – Circa The Vacancy
My client is looking for an experienced theatre Practitioner to participate in the delivery of Anaesthetic/Post-Anaesthetic recovery services within the operating theatre.
• Clinical output within anaesthetic and recovery care in the Operating Theatre and Endoscopy Departments.
• Provision of support and assistance to the Theatre Manager, Recovery Lead and Endoscopy Lead Practitioners.
• To maintain professional standards in keeping with appropriate code of conduct.
• Maintain stock control.
• Ensure anaesthetic/recovery equipment is maintained in good working order.
• To act as a clinical resource maintaining one’s knowledge of both clinical and professional developments.
• To follow anaesthetic/recovery operational policies in keeping with legislation and the activities of the department.
• Participate in audit.
• Maintain and develop own knowledge base and skills set.Key Accountabilities:
• All clinical issues affecting delivery of anaesthetic/recovery services.
• Clinical expertise
• Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic.
• Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase of care and during the immediate postoperative phase of care as required.
• Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure and continue during the immediate postoperative phase of care. Taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
• Proactively monitor the patient’s level of discomfort/pain and take appropriate actions to ensure the patient is comfortable.
• Administer drugs and fluids to the appropriate GHG policy.
• Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
• Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs.
• Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
• Registered Nurse/RODP 6/12 post registration experience
• ENB182 or equivalent anaesthetic qualification
• Teaching/assessing qualifications
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.