Job Title – Staff Nurse
Location – Oxford
Ref - DBSNITUOX
Salary – £28,000 - £34,000
Hours – Full Time
My client is looking for an exceptional ITU or HDU Nurse to join our clients Intensive Care and PACU (Post Anaesthetic Care Unit) service based in Oxford.
Successful applicants will get the opportunity to care for critical patients from all specialities such as cardiac, colorectal, surgical etc. You will have the opportunity to undertake extended roles in IV cannulation and phlebotomy and we actively support professional development.
Significant experience in a Critical Care setting is required for this role - a Critical Care qualification and ILS is desirable but not essential.
The successful applicant will get the opportunity to work alongside a motivational and forward thinking ICU Manager.
This would best suit a committed and enthusiastic healthcare professional looking to work with an employer who offers great benefits, impressive contributory pension scheme in addition to a market competitive salary.
We also offer access to accommodation for those looking to relocate to us.
About this role –
Critical care is where your skills and training really come into play. No two patients are the same and every day is different. With us, you can be secure in the knowledge that you’ll have all the support, training you need to handle whatever the role brings.
Our clients understand what makes you great as a nurse – your skills, dedication, ability to spot a problem and act quickly, as well as your empathetic approach. Together, these different aspects of care are what make our patients’ journeys memorable – for all the right reasons.
Reporting to the HDU and Resus Lead you’ll be part of a close-knit, multidisciplinary team. And, with our consultant-led service, you’ll be working directly with some of the best clinical talent around, gaining experience with new practices, equipment and facilities. These are all maintained to our high standards as we take great pride in our low infection rates and high CQC scores.
• Supervising and supporting clinical support staff and junior staff in the delivery of care, providing education, training and mentorship to meet development needs
• Delivering high quality patient care, which is clinically effective, evidence based and appropriate
• Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care as part of a collaborative programme
Key employee benefits:
• Free gym membership
• Accommodation available
• Continuing professional and career development
• Generous holiday and leave arrangements
• Flexible pension options
• Life assurance and healthcare schemes
• Health assessments (after a qualifying period)
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee assistance programme for professional advice and counselling – legal, financial, etc.
• Employee discounts on a wide range of products or services.
Key Words – RGN, Registered Nurse, ITU, HDU, Ward
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.