Position: Staff Nurse - Dermatology and Skin Surgery - Nottingham
Ref – DBDERMSURGRGN
Salary – £23,000- £29300 (pro Rata)
Hours – Full Time Monday to Friday with the opportunity to work Saturdays periodically
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Registered Nurse with a keen interest in Dermatology.
Our clients department has three skin surgery theatres and an outpatient department which includes the following nurse led services; light therapy, day case treatments, patch testing, photo-dynamic therapy (PDT), biopsies and dressings and wound check.
Staff Nurse Role
• You must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, show flexibility & adaptability. Have the professional confidence and competence in working within a team.
• You must also be able to demonstrate pro-active continuing professional development and there will be the opportunity to mentor students and colleagues working alongside of you.
• Be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the program development of care ensuring that these are evaluated and amended as appropriate.
• Document the condition and progress of patients and report to senior nursing and/ or medical staff any areas of concern.
• Undertake procedures and techniques in accordance with agreed policies and guidelines.
• Demonstrate clinical procedures to registered and unregistered staff and agency staff as required.
• Take charge of the clinical area on a regular basis in the absence of the person who has continuing responsibility or his/ her deputy.
• Maintain an awareness of the developments in the care and treatment of patients in order to be able to carry out duties competently and efficiently.
• Ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times.
• Take all reasonable steps to ensure the safe keeping of patients' property in accordance with the Patients' Property Procedure.
• Comply with the Drug Custody and Administration Code of Practice.
• Report all accidents and untoward incidents to the Line Manager and complete an incident form
• Undertake Advanced Life Support (ALS) training and certification and participate in the rota for ALS cover for the Treatment Centre.
• Registered Nurse
• Relevant post-registration study e.g. specialist pathway
• Demonstrable record of Continuing Professional Development
• Good communication skills
• Ability to supervise unqualified staff
• Ability to co-ordinate a shift for the department
• Knowledge of clinical and non-clinical governance issues
• Basic knowledge in some areas of Dermatology
• Newly qualified nurses will be considered.
• Strong communication and organisational skills.
• Positive attitude to change and a willingness to be instrumental in change.
• Interest in Dermatology
• 27 days annual leave and additional service related days
• Free off-site parking
• Pension contribution and life assurance schemes
• Private medical insurance
• Child care vouchers
• Bike to work schemes and interest free travel loans
• Subsidised meals with free tea, coffee and fruit
• Mentorship, preceptorships and professional training courses
Key Words- RGN, Staff Nurse, Registered General Nurse, NMC, Dermatology, Skin Surgery, Surgery, Theatres
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.