Position – Sister/Charge Nurse- Endoscopy – Windsor, Berkshire
Ref - ZACNENDOWIN
Hours –Full Time
Our Client has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to patients and staff. Their mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK.
Their Hospital based in Berkshire has a vacancy for a Sister/Charge to join their team of staff in the Endoscopy Department.
This is a full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern from Monday to Friday.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Basic and advanced Competence / qualification in Endoscopy Care and Decontamination
- Operators and Managers Course in Endoscopy Decontamination
- Knowledge and experience of appropriate standards, accreditation systems and external regulating bodies (Care Quality Commission, GRS, JAG, HTM 01 -06).
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience and training in pain management, care of the deteriorating patient, care of patient under conscious sedation requiring monitored recovery
- Experience of clinical governance and audit
- Teaching / Assessing / mentorship qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven experience of leading, managing, motivating, supporting and developing a department
- Competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
- A degree of financial awareness with an appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus.
- Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent in an endoscopy service
- I.T. Skills
- Experience of working in the Independent Sector. (desirable)
- Management qualification (desirable)
- ALS (desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- Undertake and delegate the management and organisation of care provision within the Endoscopy Department while coordinating the management of the endoscopy team
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-procedure phase of care by ensuring all departmental members deliver quality patient care, being achieved within the available resources and agreed departmental budget.
- To facilitate and drive improvement in Essential Quality Requirements and Best Practice standards for flexible endoscopy services including decontamination and clinical care
- Provide appropriate clinical supervision and managerial leadership throughout the department.
- Deputise for colleagues as appropriate
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive salary based on individual skills & experience
25 days annual leave (rising with length of service) plus public holidays
Discounted David Lloyd gym membership
Private Healthcare's Medical plan
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.