Position – Senior Theatre Practitioner – Anaesthetics - Ayrshire
Ref – EKSNRTPA
Salary – £21,028
Hours – Part Time – 30 hours
Our client has a vacancy for a Senior Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This role is offered on a permanent, part time basis at 30 hours per week
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
• Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to support and lead a team
• Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
• Evidence of working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
• ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1
• Management qualification
• Enhanced Anaesthetic module
• Previous experience at Senior level
• Previous experience in Private Health Care
Duties of this role include:
• Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia.
• The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
• Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent and WHO checklist prior to the start of the anaesthetic.
• Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase on care.
• Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
• Administer drugs and fluids to the appropriate GHG policy..
• Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
• Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs.
Key Words – Senior, theatre Practitioner, Anaesthetics, Theatres, Surgical, Scrub
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.