Position –Senior Staff Nurse –Wards - South Glamorgan
Ref - DBSSNWACAR
Salary – Band 6/7
My clients are looking to recruit motivated Senior Staff Nurse (RGN) to join our committed Wards to care for patients following multi-specialist procedures which including Cardiac, Neuro, Spinal, Gastrointestinal, Hepatobiliary, complex Orthopaedics and Bariatric, amongst others.
Our Client is the largest independent acute hospital in Wales and offers a range of treatments from diagnostics imaging to major surgery. They have a recently invested in a state of the art Intensive Care Unit (ICU) where those patients undergoing complex procedures can have confidence in there highly skilled specialist nurses.
Senior Staff Nurse (RGN) will be –
• To provide exemplary planned care for patients while managing a small team.
• To ensure the team delivers effective patient care by providing appropriate clinical and
• To deputise in the absence of the Sisters and Ward Manager.
Responsibilities of the Senior Staff Nurse (RGN) -
• Develop practice in the assessment of health and well being needs
• Develop practice in addressing individual’s health and well being needs
• Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
• Develop knowledge and practice in own area of work.
• Develop a working environment and culture that actively improves health,
safety and security.
• Develop and improve services.
• Improve quality.
• Enable people to exercise their rights and promote their equality and diversity
• Lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practice.
• Plan, allocate, assess and provide feedback to team members.
• Maintain and support the efficient use of physical and financial resources
• Human Resource Activities.
• Competence across a range of nursing skills supported by professional and clinical
• Possess the mandatory training requirements for role including infection control and
health and safety competencies.
• Possess Equipment and Medical Devices Competences
• Continuing professional development.
• Trained on MS Office and other relevant packages
• Demonstrate principles of accountable practice
• Teaching skills
• Keeps abreast of developments in own specialism
• Maximising people and financial resources whilst maintaining a safe clinical
• Professional assessor
• Auditing skills across clinical standards and departments
• English language to IELTS 7.0
• Business Development skills e.g. creation of business cases
• Root cause analysis
• NMC Registered
RGN, Wards, Staff Nurse, Registered Nurse, Wards, Senior Staff Nurse
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.