Job Title – Senior Staff Nurse – Renal and Dialysis – Worcestershire
Ref – DBSSNRENALRED
Salary – £24k - £27k depending on experience
Hours – 37.5 hrs per week
My client is currently looking for a Senior Staff Nurse to provide supervision and monitoring of junior members of the team and non-qualified staff based in North East Worcestershire.
You will also develop and promote good working relationships between my client and the NHS. My client runs Dialysis Clinics that treat predominately NHS referrals.
For this position you must have experience in Dialysis/ Renal.
• As a Registered General Nurse you will be dealing with the following Clinical Tasks.
• Participating in staff and patient scheduling through active participation at clinical level.
• Initiation and termination of dialysis
• Physical assessment of patient’s pre and post dialysis. Noting presence of signs of trauma, patients’ general physical and mental condition
• Act as a named staff nurse for a group of assigned patients ensuring all care is planned and documented
• Review dialysis orders and initiate any changes requested by the referral Renal Team
• Documents observations and interventions in a legible manner
• Maintain a clean clinical environment
• Carry out all tasks according to the clients policy and procedure
• Maintain patient confidentiality and dignity
• Complete incident reports in a timely manner
• Assessing patient and family learning readiness; and providing appropriate information on renal disease, prescribed dialysis treatment and medical regiment and their impact on the patient’s state of health and well being
• Performing analysis of patient assessments, laboratory data and when concerns are noted bringing the issues to the attention of the Consultant
• Instructing patient in pre and post dialysis care
• Administering patient quality care in a considerate, respectful manner
• Preparing and maintaining dialysis machines and systems according to the clients policy
• Monitor dialysis water treatment system according to established procedure
• Understand the technical operations to resolve minor machine and water treatment problems independently
Skills and Experience:
• Registered General Nurse
• Experience in clinical and nursing setting
• Understanding of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
• Good communication and organisational skills
• Experience in Dialysis/Renal
Key Word- RGN, RN, Registered General Nurse, Nurse, Clinic Nurse, Staff Nurse, Renal, Dialysis
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.