Position – Senior Theatre Practitioner - Orthopaedic Scrub
Ref – DBSTPORTSCR
Location – Northampton
Salary – Up to £37,000
Hours – Full Time
We have an opportunity for a Senior Theatre Practitioner – Orthopaedic Scrub to join our client’s team of staff in the Theatre department in Northampton.
• This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week.
• The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
• Various shifts covering Monday-Saturday 8am-8pm
• There is an on call commitment
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
• Considerable post qualification experience
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification.
• Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills is desirable
• ENB 998 and/or mentorship course is desirable
Duties of this role include:
• Assist in the delivery of patient care
• Contribute to quality improvement
• Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
• Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
• Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
• Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
• Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
• The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
• Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure
• Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure.
• Leading the Team Brief and Who Checklists.
• Organise the Orthopaedic lists and download relevant X-Rays on PACS.
• Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
• Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including prosthesis, equipment/instruments and drugs, liaising with reps and consultants.
• Administer any drugs or fluids in accordance with the appropriate GHG policy
• Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed
• Complete all written documentation in a timely manner and to an acceptable level.
• Act proficiently in the ‘circulating role’
• Act as a role model and mentor to junior staff.
• Promote and ensure an environment conducive to the continuing prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors.
• Be aware of and comply with all infection prevention and control policies and ensure best practice is maintained to ensure low infection rates.
Salary & Benefits:
• Healthcare Scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• Staff Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday per annum
• Gym membership discount
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.