Senior Apheresis Lead Nurse
Working hours: 37.5 hours a week
Salary: up to £52,000 (depending upon skills and experience)
We are delighted to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit for an experienced and motivated Apheresis Lead Nurse.
The job holder will lead the apheresis service, they will maintain and further develop the existing apheresis service in accordance with service requirements, quality management, JACIE and Human Tissue Authority guidelines. The role also requires that you provide training, support and education to colleagues to enable them to become competent in undertaking apheresis procedures.
Roles and responsibilities
- To provide specialist knowledge, expertise and care for patients and donors.
- To provide specialist training within apheresis area as required.
- To support and deputise for department manager, as required.
- To maintain the specialist apheresis service in accordance with service requirements, quality management, JACIE and Human Tissue Authority.
- To ensure that the pre-collection donor/ patient medical assessment is complete prior to both autologous and allogenic stem cell collections.
- To participate in Stem Cell Collection Quality meetings.
- To have skills in the care of the central venous catheter, venepuncture, cannulation, intravenous drugs, chemotherapy and venesection, apheresis and blood product administration in accordance with the hospitals guidelines for clinical practice.
- Other duties and responsibilities in line with the needs and requirements of the service
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- 5yrs post registration
- Minimum of 3yrs experience in apheresis or area of relevance
- Experience of working on own initiative, and working within a team setting
- In-depth post registration experience in Apheresis
- Contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%),Significant clinical experience in oncology care
- Private Medical Healthcare
- 25 day’s annual leave
- Season ticket travel loan
- Excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic role, then please call the dedicated consultant today on 0207 959 1102.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.