I am currently recruiting for an experienced Registered Nurse Learning Disabilities (RNLD) with experience in Medium Secure Services to join this specialist service in Nottingham. The service provides support to both male and female patients who have a learning disability or personality disorders. The ideal candidate will be committed to developing therapeutic relationships and optimising patient engagement.
The benefits of this Registered Nurse Learning Disabilities (RNLD) role include:
- £1,500 Welcome bonus
- Relocation support
- Pension Scheme
- CPD top up
- Donation to charity of choice
You will have experience working in a similar role or in a hospital or medium secure unit. As Registered Nurse Learning Disabilities, you will be delivering specialist care to patients suffering from enduring mental health needs, personality disorders and learning disabilities within a medium secure setting. The ideal candidate will be experienced in providing therapeutic care to those with complex needs and behavioural issues including challenging behaviour. You will be expected to lead shifts and mentor student nurses and other members of the healthcare team.
Responsibilities for the Registered Nurse Learning Disabilities – RNLD:
- Providing and developing person centred care
- Educating and supporting healthcare and junior staff members
- Comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Ensure medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- Supervise and monitor standards of care and take appropriate action to improve standards when required
- Ensure all clinical documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Registered Nurse Learning Disabilities qualified with relevant experience (RNLD)
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Up to date clinical experience
- A willingness to embrace new skills and learning
- Ability to write comprehensive care plans and reports
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.