I am recruiting for an experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) with experience working in elderly care to join this medium sized elderly nursing home specialising in caring for those living with Alzheimer’s or another dementia-type illness. You will have experience working in a similar role or in a nursing home or hospital setting as my client also provides care to patients requiring palliative, convalescent and respite care. In your role, you will be assessing, planning and supporting the provision specialist therapeutic and person-centred treatment to those with age related neurological illness.
As a Registered Nurse (RMN), you will be competent across a range of clinical skills and have a clear understanding of the challenges facing those with a dementia diagnosis. You will be competent in supporting those with progressive illness, end of life care and physical disabilities and being committed delivering an exceptional standard of individualised, stimulating care. The ideal candidate will be experienced in providing expert dementia care and be dedicated to enhancing physical, emotional and psychological wellbeing of those within their care.
Responsibilities for the Registered Nurse – RMN:
- Providing and developing person centred care
- Educating and supporting healthcare and junior staff members
- Comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Ensure medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- Supervise and monitor standards of care and take appropriate action to improve standards when required
- Ensure all clinical documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Registered Nurse qualified with relevant experience (RMN)
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Up to date clinical experience
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.