Position: RMN – Residential Unit – Leeds
Salary: Up to £28,000 - DOE
Hours: Full Time 37.5 Hrs
My client is currently looking for a RMN Nurse to join their residential Unit in Leeds. Job Summary:
The post holder will participate as directed by the management team in the operational functioning of the Residential unit to provide and facilitate a flexible, supportive and responsive service for adults who have a significant history of mental ill health and distress, and who have complex needs, not easily met by existing services. The successful candidate will comply with the following:
• The post holder will work as part of a clinical team, with individual responsibilities for key working and co-working a small number of clients in accordance with guidance from senior staff.
• The post holder is expected to coordinate shifts, and to be responsible for the smooth running of the home in the absence of the management team.
• The role expects personal and professional responsibility to be taken by the post holder when providing or supervising support given to clients.
• The role expects the integration into practice of clinical supervision, reflective practice, personal professional development, evidence and research-based practice for themselves and the staff that they supervise.
• The post holder will have a supervisory role in relation to junior members of the team such as new staff, student nurses on placements and mental health support workers.
• Implements the Care Programme Approach (CPA) and adopts the role of care co-ordinator as and when necessary
• Participates in the facilitation of a therapeutic approach, which provides high quality, professional support to clients in line with clear, well documented support plans.
• Assists in the development, implementation and monitoring of standards of clinical practice.
• Develop, evaluate and review the effectiveness of support plans in collaboration with clients.
• Actively involves clients and carers in the process of support planning, service evaluation and development and day-to-day activities as appropriate.Main Responsibilities:
• To assess, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of support for individual clients.
• To ensure the health and safety of clients/staff/visitors as far as possible, taking into account risk factors
To take referrals from mental health professionals and undertake assessments under the direction, guidance and support of a member of the management team.
• To maintain a commitment to service user and carer empowerment, and assist and encourage the development of initiatives which encourages involvement in their own care and at a wider service planning and delivery level.
• To ensure that support undertaken is meaningful, respectful, promotes self-determination and is in line with the individual support plan.
• To work as part of a multi-disciplinary mental health team in accordance with the Care Programme Approach, and when necessary to act as a clients Care Programme Coordinator.
• To handle petty cash etc.
• To adhere to CQC standardsKnowledge and skills:
• Good verbal, written and numeracy skills sufficient to be able to make accurate written records,
• Good technical literacy of Microsoft Applications e.g. Word, Excel, and Access etc.
• Good interpersonal skills including listening and display empathy,
• Creative, flexible and imaginative approach to working with people with mental health problems,
• Ability to lead, support and develop junior workers.
• Ability to communicate/participate effectively at a multi-agency, multi-disciplinary level.
• Registered Mental Nurse
• Mentorship in Practice or relevant other training
• Training in counselling or CBT
• Experience of working in residential settings
• Experience of working with clients with complex needs
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.