Position –Registered Mental Health Nurse – Acquired Brain Injury
Ref – STRMNBP
Location – Leicestershire
Salary – £23,500 - £30,500 DOE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in the East Midlands region, working for one of the leading hospital group’s in the country.
My client’s hospital supports patients with acquired brain injuries and progressive neurological conditions. The hospital which is well placed to serve the Leicestershire county, provides for the needs of women and men who are over the age of 18.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading providers of independent specialist secure and step-down care across the UK, with hospitals around the country, 30 years of experience in their sector and highly skilled and experienced teams, they help patients and commissioners find the right care pathways without the need for multiple reassessments.
As a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) or Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) the role involves:
• Providing a high standard of care to people with mental illness and acquired brain injury
• Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
• Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
• Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
• At a more senior level, you’ll also need to lead shifts as well as mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
As Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) or Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) you’ll need:
• A relevant nursing qualification and registration
• Excellent team working skills, a high level of self-motivation and a flexible approach - our units operate 24 hours 7 days a week, and our nursing staff work shift patterns including weekends, bank holidays and nights.
• A commitment to patient-centered care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
• The drive to continually push your own personal learning and development
As a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) or Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse (RNLD) you will receive a wide range of benefits:
• Competitive salary
• 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
• Extra Service Annual leave awards.
• Career development – progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
• A contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Private medical insurance
• Personal health insurance
• An employee assistance programme
• Free meals/refreshments when on duty
• Free car parking
• Relaxation Days/Shopping Days
• Private Dental Cover
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.