Position – Registered General Nurse – CAMHS Mental Health - Stafford
Location – Stafford
Salary – £14.50 PH
Hours – Full TimeAbout the centre -
My client is currently looking for a Registered General Nurse to join their hospital in Stafford.
My client’s hospital has an established reputation as leading providers of specialist inpatient eating disorders and CAMHS services for young people in the Midlands, having recently undergone a programme of refurbishment for PICU and our general CAMHS services.
My client’s hospital works closely with local and national CAMHS services to provide a rapid, responsive and flexible service that meets the needs of young people with often challenging presentations. The hospital delivers three main services; General CAMHS and Acute Assessment Service, Eating Disorders ( for children and young people ) and a Psychiatric Intensive Care service. My client is committed to keeping families and carers involved in a young person’s care, and work hard to improve patient participation in care planning, training and recruitment of staff.
Main Responsibilities –
• Ensure all relevant policies and procedures are read, understood are adhered to by all staff.
• Provide clinical leadership & supervision for the rehabilitation staff and students.
• Participate in the induction and training of all new staff on the unit.
• Supervise and monitor standards of care and take appropriate action to improve standards when required.
• Ensure all clinical documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places.
• Ensure effective communication systems are in place and used appropriately.
• Work collaboratively with the team through effective leadership and motivational skills.
• Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for residents/patients from admission to discharge.
• Function as named nurse to allocated residents/patients and ensure involvement in all aspects of the rehabilitation programme including writing of multidisciplinary team reports & attending case reviews.
• Ensure that all relevant codes of practice and regulations (MHA1983, NMC & Care Standards Act 2000) are upheld.
• Ensure on-going Professional Development.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures including Health & Safety and Fire Safety etc.Skills and Experience –
• RGN – HNDU (min 6 months)
• RMN – TBIRU (min 6 months)Experience in one of the following areas:
• Brain Injury
• Acute Psychiatry
• Forensic Medicine
• Physical Disability
• Ability to communicate to high standard at all levels
• Good organisational skills
• Working knowledge of the principles of Clinical Governance
• Up-to-date knowledge of safe control and handling of drugsBenefits –
All successful candidates are eligible for a £2500.00 welcome bonus scheme:
• £1000 payable upon successful completion of the 3 month probationary period
• Followed by a second payment of £1500, after 13 months service from start dateKey Words –
RGN, Registered Nurse, NMC, Staff Nurse.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.