Position – Registered General Nurse – Chesterfield
Location – Chesterfield
Reference – SAGNCHF
Salary – £14ph
Hours – Full Time – Permanent The Vacancy –
My client is currently looking for a Registered General Day Nurse to join their team at the Chesterfield site. The Successful candidate will provide comprehensive provision of service for the residents with particular regard to their social and rehabilitation needs with the highest quality of care possible.
They welcome those requiring general support in later life and also those with learning disabilities, those suffering with dementia and a number of other conditions associated with getting older. Many of our Homes offer full nursing care from highly trained professionals.
The value of confidentiality: Residents’ rights and their emotional and spiritual needs are well understood by all staff members.
St Michael's also operates a Primary Nursing System and a Key/Link worker system, which ensures that individual residents' needs are met. They have a system on internal quality assurance in place, which monitors and evaluates the quality of life, the quality of care and the quality of management.
• To conduct care and management in such a way so as not to bring the Home or its service users into disrepute.
• To maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and management of the Home.
• Reporting all incidents and accidents involving service users, visitors, staff and self as they occur.
• To delegate responsibilities within legal and ethical boundaries.
• To be knowledgeable regarding health and safety at work including environmental health.
• To be fully conversant with emergency procedures including fire and evacuation.
• Notifying the Home Manager/Matron or Deputy Managers of any intended absence from duty and the date of intended return as soon as is practically possible.
• Allocate and co-ordinate daily duties of care staff.
• Be involved in in-service training of all new staff for both day and night duty.
• To carry out any other duties allocated by the Home Manager/Matron or Deputy managers.
• Arrive on duty punctually, correctly dressed with a tidy appearance.
• To investigate and inform the Home Manager/Matron of all complaints received.
• To maintain proper and accurate records in accordance with statutory requirements and the policy and procedures of the Home.
• To be knowledgeable regarding the whereabouts of service users at all times.
• To ensure that a high quality of nursing care is delivered to all service users.
• Ensure that care plans are implemented to achieve the goals set.
• Undertake the evaluation of care plans, modifying and redefining goals as appropriate.
• Liase with family members, GP and all other member of the health and social care multi-disciplinary team on matters concerning the service users care.
• Be involved in the development of clinical nursing practice to ensure service users receive care that is consistent and reliable, demonstrating a quality approach.
• Facilitate the provision of a person centred approach by the identification of a named nurse and key worker for each service user, and support the continuity of care approach.
• To order and store drugs in accordance with legislative requirements.
Qualifications, Experience and abilities:
• Registered General Nurse
• A minimum of 1 year in the field of care of the older person
• To be able to undertake an assessment of need of older people
• Working with person centred approaches to the care of the older person
• To be able to demonstrate self management skills
• Demonstrate an understanding of evidence based practice
• An understanding of the variety of mechanisms that can be used for the development of effective care planning
• To be able to demonstrate personal development in the field of nursing the older adult.Key Words –
RGN, NMC, Dementia, Staff Nurse , Registered General Nurse.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.