Position –Recovery Nurse – Nottingham
Ref – DBREC09
Location – Nottingham
Salary – £26,000 - £32,000
Hours – Full time – 37.5 Hrs – Permanent Reports to: Team Leader
The Vacancy -
My client is currently looking for an experienced Recovery nurse to join their theatre department at Nottingham.
The post holder will act in support of the senior staff; ensuring high standards of effective care are delivered to all patients within the Recovery area, whilst maintaining communication within the Day surgery unit. The post holder must have experience in working in a Recovery area and be prepared to take on greater responsibility within the unitJOB DUTIES
• Prepare and maintain the recovery area ensuring all equipment and supplies are available for Patient care.
• Ensure the Patient Record is completed in a timely and accurate way.
• Act as preceptor for student nurses, junior staff and HCA’s, where appropriate and participate in teaching within your sphere of knowledge and skills.
• Run the recovery area without supervision and supervise and mentor junior staff when required.
• Organise own time and be responsible for appropriate delegation of staff and duties.
• Maintain effective channels of communication at all times.
• Comply with their policies/procedures and in particular, issues relating to Health and Safety, COSSH, Incidents Reporting and the Data Protection Act.
• Report all accidents and untoward incidents to senior staff and complete electronic reporting system.
• Deliver patient care in accordance with recognised standards of research based clinical practice.
• By precept and example, to ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times.
• Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required.
• Understand and apply a holistic patient centred care approach, identifying and taking into account specialist clinical needs whilst the patient is in the Treatment centre.
• Work within a flexible working roster, designed to achieve the most effective use of staff for the patient’s requirements.
• Participate in the on call rota in order to provide a telephone help line.Professional Knowledge, Training and Experience:
• Identify personal objectives, reflect on progress and set a personal development plan annually in order to develop within post.
• Liaise with Lead nurse in agreeing how identified training and development needs are met.
• Ensure that one’s own practice is kept updated using an acceptable model of clinical supervision.
• Take every opportunity to expand one’s practice in line with the principles contained within the NMC/AODP guidelines and protocols.
• Ensure that all elements contained within the NMC Code of Professional Conduct are adhered to, and ensure that you maintain registration requirements.
• Develop clinical knowledge and professional skills through relevant training.
• Undertake Advanced Life Support (ALS) training and certification and participate in the rota for ALS cover for the Treatment Centre.Key Words
- RGN, Registered General Nurse, ODP, Operational Department Practitioner, Recovery, Skin Surgery, Pain management, Day Case.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.