Position -Pre Assessment Nurse
Ref – DBPREDCNOTT
Location – Nottingham
Salary – £26,000 - £30,000
Hours – Full time – 37.5 Hrs – Permanent
My client is currently looking for an experienced Pre assessment nurse to join their team at their Nottingham site.
The successful candidate will work flexibly, as part of the hospital’s clinical team, to provide the highest standards of nursing care to their patients; to maintain high standards of communication throughout the hospital, and to make a positive contribution towards the team’s pursuit of excellence.
The successful candidate will also contribute to the achievement of the aims and objectives of the Pre Assessment Dept.
Managing the care and safety of all patients within the Departments.
You will ensure that the nursing teams are efficient and effective using appropriate pathways of care and communication via liaison and referral to other agencies/departments as required.
You may be routinely assigned to our Day Unit. However all staff nurses will cover a wide range of duties throughout the hospital, as required by our patients.
• Providing the highest standards of nursing care as required within each of our care settings
• Preparing the pre assessment rooms ready to undertake pre assessment clinics and or the ward area ensuring all equipment and supplies are available for Patient care
• Undertake full pre assessment for minor and major surgery pathways
• Full understanding of the surgical procedures carried out and deliver education to the patients at Pre assessment
• Ensuring the Patient Record is completed in a timely and accurate way.
• Acting as mentor for students, learners, junior nurses and Health Care Assistants and recording progress, as appropriate
• Participating in teaching within your sphere of knowledge and skill
• Organising own time and taking responsibility for duties delegated by the Pre assessment Team leader and Lead Nurse.
• Maintaining effective channels of communication at all times & ensure that the daily checking procedures required for Health & Safety are undertaken as required.
• To undertake & assist in dressings, and minor procedures
• Complying with policies/procedures and in particular, issues relating to Health and Safety, COSSH, Incident Reporting and the Data Protection Act.
• Reporting all accidents and untoward incidents and complete appropriate forms.
• Acting as specialist/link person having undergone the relevant training sessions in your area of expertise.
• Developing the patient pathway to ensure that the patient is prepared physically and psychologically to undergo necessary procedures.
• Ensuring patient receives the appropriate documented information for the planned procedure.
• Delivering patient care in accordance with recognised standards of research and evidence based best clinical practise.
• Leading by example to ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times.
• Undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required.
• Understanding and apply a holistic patient centred care approach, identifying and taking into account specialist clinical needs of each patient
• Working within flexible rosters, designed to achieve the most effective use of staff to meet the needs of our patients
• Providing flexible cover across unit and specialty areas, as required
• To co-ordinate with the Secretary’s, Bookings team, Operational Lead, Unit Leads to ensure bed availability, or clinical concerns post pre assessment are escalated and the patient pathway is effectively planned to deliver efficient and high standard services to meet their, and the objectives of the organisation.
• You are expected to abide by your professional code of conduct
• To act as the co-ordinating nurse whilst on duty and escalate as appropriate to the Lead Nurse/Team Leader.
• Responsive to any adverse incidents or emergency situations and be able to support junior staff with the management.
• A calm, caring and empathic attitude towards patients, relatives & colleagues
• An ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, with a commitment to collaborative working
• Team-building skills
• Excellent standard of patient care
• Flexible approach to work and working hours
• Strong organisational skills
• Relate well to all staff
• Diligent and enthusiastic
• Willingness to learn new skills through practical experience
• IT skills and awareness
• Flexibility to work in different specialties
Qualifications experience -
• Experience in a similar role
• NMC registration
• Demonstrable record of CPD
• Knowledge of current issues in professional practice with particular relevance to the Unit
• Knowledge of standards of professional practice in the wider healthcare context
• Additional registration
• Post basic course
• Research and audit experience
• Evidence of change management
• Completion of all local competency packages
Key Words - RGN, Registered General Nurse, Outpatients, Pre Assessment, Day case
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.