Position – Occupational Health Nurse
Ref – DBOHNCAM
Salary – up to £40k
Hours – Full Time – Permanent
Our clients are the Production and Supply Chain business of a Pharmaceutical Group. They are also part of a broader network of independently associated companies that have a presence in 33 countries across Europe, and others throughout the rest of the world, including the USA, China, India, Central and South America, Canada, Australia, the Middle East, Japan, Africa and South East Asia.
• To work as part of the Health & Safety team to provide relevant health support to all Company Employees
• Work with the OHA and Head of Health & Safety to develop and administer efficient and professional operations of occupational health services in accordance with company policies, practices, procedures, and applicable regulations to achieve desired business goals and objectives.
• Assist with all aspects of occupational health services staffing, competency, processes, customer service, and quality improvement.
As a Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) you will:-
• Be a team player who will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate and influence at all levels of the business.
• Be able to increase level of health knowledge of employees through Health Promotion initiatives.
• Liaise with Company Employees at all levels on occupational health matters.
• Where appropriate work with members of the human resources team on selected projects to reduce absence within the employee population.
• Undertake occupational clinical advice intervention for company employees by evaluating and maintaining practical advice to facilitate organisational productivity, assuring appropriate individual care and return to work.
• Assist departments with identifying, evaluating, and implementing accommodations and return to work options for workers with restricted duty.
• Collaborate with the Health and Safety and Human resources teams to Identify primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention and health promotion strategies to optimise health of the population by providing content expertise.
• Agree with the Head of Health, Safety and Environment annual personal objectives and targets for continual improvement in relation to Occupational health which help meet the business strategies and objectives.
• Collaborate with the Occupational Hygienist to contribute in the design of controls for injury prevention and health surveillance related to actual and potential hazards with in the processing plant.
• Aid the implementation of Company Occupational Health Policies, Practices and Procedures. Where practicable review and improve in order to improve employee health and / or operational efficiency.
• Deputise for the OHA at all meetings where required.
• Support any IAC wellbeing initiative.
• Create, and present relevant in-house Occupational health courses where appropriate.
• Where appropriate undertake close mask fit test and refresher testing with employees.
• Collaborate with outside resources, such as healthcare providers, third-party administrators, medical consultants where required and where there is an identified employee referral need.
• Work with the Health & Safety team to assess tasks within the business and provide input regarding ergonomic improvements.
• Any further reasonable duties which provide support to management in achieving the overall business goals.
To remain within the confines of the agreed Health, Safety and Environment Department budget.
Qualifications (MCA, HSE, Home Office, Employment Law)
• Bachelor’s degree and a degree in nursing for the role.
• At least two years’ experience working as an OHN within an organisation, preferably in the manufacturing sector.
• Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry would be an advantage.
Key Words - OHA, OHN, Nurse, Occupational Health, RGN, Pharma, Pharmaceutical
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.