Position –Lead Theatre Practitioner - Princes Risborough
Location – Princes Risborough
Reference – ZATHPRAPR
Salary – Up to £38,000
Hours – Full Time – Permanent
The Vacancy -
My client hospital in Great Missenden is Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
My client currently has an opportunity for a Lead Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre Department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Management experience desirable
• Be able to undertake 2 of the 3 roles within theatre
• External Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification. (desirable)
• Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills (desirable)
• ENB 998 and/or mentorship course (desirable)
Duties of this role include:
• To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
• To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
• Assist in the delivery of patient care
• Contribute to quality improvement
• Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
• Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
• Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
• Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
• Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
• Healthcare Scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• Staff Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday per annum
• Gym membership discount
Key Words – Senior Theatre Nurse, Senior ODP, Operating Department Practitioner, Lead Theatre Practitioner, Scrub, Recovery, Anaesthetics.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.