Working hours: 37.5/week, Monday to Friday (mixed shifts with on call)
Pulse is recruiting for an exciting new role for a Deputy Sister to join one of the largest healthcare providers based in Portsmouth.
Our client is looking for an experienced Deputy Sister, to join their busy nursing team. In this role you will be expected to work on the multi-disciplinary surgical ward. Working with a wide variety of specialisms (including Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Urology, and more) you will be able to develop your clinical skills in a modern and supportive environment. They offer a full induction for all staff to ensure that you feel supported and set up for success in your new role. You will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the regions most experienced Consultants, covering a varied and diverse caseload.
The hospital holds a long-standing reputation for providing high quality, comprehensive private hospital care. Their facilities are excellent, and the hospital is staffed by a valued team of highly skilled professionals. They provide a dynamic and stimulating environment for highly motivated nurses.
Roles and responsibilities
- Deliver high standards of quality care by assessment at all times, evaluation and implementation of patient needs and guide others in this process.
- Accepting delegated responsibilities from the Ward Sister/Charge Nurse as required.
- Expected to be part of the Hospital’s Clinical On-Call rota.
- You will participate through mentorship in the orientation and development of junior staff
- NMC registration - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Evidence of continuous professional development, with a good understanding of NMC Code of Professional Conduct and revalidation.
- Good knowledge and recent experience in surgical nursing, with good communication skills.
- A mentorship qualification is not essential, however it desirable and will be utilised.
- Contribution pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Free wellness screening
- Life assurance
- annual salary review
- 33 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell
- Discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Free on-site car park
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic role, then please call the dedicated consultant today on 0207 959 3567.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.