Position – Deputy Manager – Day Surgery – Kent
Ref – ZADEPDY9
Location – Kent
Salary – Competitive
Hours – Full Time – 37.5 Hrs
My client is one of the largest independent sector healthcare providers who deliver more than 50 services throughout the UK. They provide high quality specialist care and excellent results for more than 50,000 patients each year.
My client’s facilities are modern, employing the latest technology and friendly, professional staff. They have strong control processes to ensure we maintain high standards of hygiene and above all, they are passionate about giving their patients the best possible care and helping them feel better, faster.Job Summary -
The successful candidate will be responsible for management and co-ordination of all aspects of clinical and non-clinical work within the department to a high standard of care and safety in accordance with company philosophy, objectives, policies and legal requirements. Deputise for the Theatre Manager in his/her absence as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities -
Reporting to the Day Surgery Manager you will undertake the following duties:
• To be able to manage own workload along with that of others, by ensuring appropriate delegation to optimise their skills and capabilities.
• To be proficient and up to date with theatre procedures, leading to an improvement in patient care developed through the use of evidence based practice.
• Ensure all equipment and resources are available to perform procedures according to the individual needs of the patient.
• Participate as a specialist practitioner in surgical procedures, carrying out safety checks in accordance with local standard operating practices and company policies.
• Attend study days / courses relevant to grade and needs as identified on Personal Development review and subsequent reviews.
Skills and Knowledge -To be successful in this role you will have the following :
• Ability to work independently and to lead a team
• Excellent organisational and management skills
• Ability to handle multi faceted problems in a busy, fast moving environment Ability to show competency and demonstrate experience at Senior Practitioner Level.
• Knowledge of developing new ways of workingQualifications –
• Registered Nurse level 1 or Registered Operating Department Practitioner.
• Facilitating learning and Assessing in Clinical Practice or recognised teaching/assessing certificate.
• Advance scrub practitioner.
• Recognised post-registration specialist theatre course or equivalent.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.