Position: Cosmetic Service Nurse - Stafford
Hours: Full Time The Hospital:
My clients Hospital offers a wide range of treatments and services. Two fully equipped theatres with ultra clean air technology is particularly suitable for orthopaedic procedures offered such as arthroscopy, hip and knee replacement and spinal surgery. Treatments at the hospital also include colonoscopy, hernia surgery, cataract surgery, gastroscopy, Spinal Surgery, and varicose vein surgery.
Cosmetic surgery is also available for a wide range of procedures including breast enlargement, tummy tuck, liposuction and facial surgery by our consultant led service.Job Summary:
My clients Hospital are seeking to recruit Cosmetic Services Nurse to manage and lead the provision of pre-admission services for aesthetic cosmetic surgery and reconstructive plastic surgery clients. The successful candidate will have a commitment to providing a high standard of individualised clinical care to ensure the needs of our cosmetic patients are met. You must also be willing to undergo training/multiskilling into any specialities outside of your current experience.The successful candidate will have the following
• Level 1 registered nurse
• Aesthetic competencies certified
• Laser core knowledge certificate
• Relevant aesthetic laser training certificate or willing to undergo training
• Evidence of recent continuing professional development
• Post basic acute surgical nursing experienceDesirable:
• Specialist training in chemical peels, dermal fillers or sclerotherapy
• Willingness to develop relevant clinical skills as post develops
• Teaching and assessing qualificationKey Performance Criteria:
• Leads the provision of pre-admission services for aesthetic cosmetic surgery and reconstructive plastic surgery clients.
• Assist with consultant led outpatient clinics.
• To visit patients both before and after surgery, to provide continuity of care and linking into the ward team to provide holistic team care as appropriate, supporting and assisting the ward staff.
• Telephone support service for patients undergoing plastic/cosmetic surgery, and or nurse led services.
• Assists in the development of educational support and providing information to staff within the field of plastic/cosmetic surgery.
• Assists the general manager in the planning and establishment of new services in line with the Hospital and Company Business plan.
• Works cooperatively within the multi-disciplinary team, and respect the skills expertise and contribution from colleagues.
• Monitor and measure performance standards of care and practice.
• Ensures efficient use of resources and revenue capture.
• Assists in development of patient information relating to cosmetic/plastic surgery and nurse led aesthetic services.
• Maintains accreditation for aesthetic competences.
• Acts as laser protection supervisor for the department.
• Manages equipment repairs/ servicing within the department.Benefits:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays (pro rata for part time)
• Private Healthcare
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Ongoing Training and Development
• Subsidised Staff Restaurant
• Bonus Scheme
• Free parking
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.