Position – Chemotherapy Nurse Specialist
Location – Oxford
Ref – DBCHEMOOX
Salary – £32-35k pro rata
Hours – Part Time 15 hours
We are looking for an experienced Oncology Nurse to join our Oncology department. This is a permanent, part time role (15 hours per week) based in Oxford.
Whether you’re currently with the NHS or in a private setting, this is an opportunity to work autonomously, make full use of your skills and knowledge and add value. You’ll be able to grow your career and be free of the constraints that prevent you from achieving job satisfaction.
Our clients is Britain’s largest and most pioneering healthcare charity, integrating fitness, well-being, prevention, treatment and cure. We’ve brought together our hospitals, clinics, fitness & wellbeing centres as well as our diagnostic units into one holistic healthcare service which is provided from over 200 locations. A not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest every penny we make into helping the people of Britain to lead healthier, happier lives. In today’s healthcare market, we’re in an enviably strong position.
About The Role
• You will be responsible for delivering quality nursing care in line with hospital standards, current government and N.I.C.E guidelines for patients requiring cytotoxic chemotherapy, through assessment of patient’s needs, implementation of care and evaluation of progress and clinical outcome.
• You will ensure appropriate patient and family information, advice and support is available to individuals requiring cytotoxic chemotherapy.
• You will have the time to put patients first - our reputation depends upon it.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
• Chemotherapy experience
• Candidates must be NMC or HCPC qualified.
• You’ll have the qualifications and experience relevant to your registration.
• You’ll also have post-registration experience. Immediate / Advanced Life Support is desirable.
• You’ll be an excellent communicator and team worker – flexible and motivated. You’ll feel part of the wider hospital team and understand the importance of continuity in patient care.
• Continuing professional and career development
• Generous holiday and leave arrangements
• Flexible pension options
• Life assurance and healthcare schemes
• Health assessments (after a qualifying period)
• Free membership of our fantastic Fitness & Wellbeing Centres, with heavily subsidised memberships for family.
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee assistance programme for professional advice and counselling – legal, financial, etc.
• Employee discounts on a wide range of products or services
• Our client is committed to equal opportunities in the recruitment, training, and development of our employees.
Key Words – RGN, Chemo Nurse, Chemotherapy, Cancer.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.