Pulse are currently recruiting a Band 7 CAMHS Nurse LDND (learning disability, Neuro development nurse) to work Monday- Friday, shift pattern (between 8am – 7pm)
The Senior Clinical Nurse is responsible for supporting the LD/ND Team in implementing Directorate and Trust initiatives at service level and for playing a key role in monitoring and evaluating the quality of care delivered locally.
The post holder must be a good team worker and be able to lead in areas of clinical practice and development and will be responsible for working independently and managing a caseload of clients, ensuring safe and effective clinical practices.
The CAMHS mental health team has recently expanded through a service reconfiguration. This has created opportunities for a wider client population to be supported through a specific pathway developed to meet their clinical needs. Through this reconfiguration an opportunity has arisen for a new clinical nurse to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team specialist in the assessment and treatment of neurodevelopmental disorder’s and learning disabilities. The LDND team will see clients experiencing a broad spectrum of severe, complex, pervasive and persistent mental health difficulties. It is a multidisciplinary team, which includes nurses, child and adolescent psychiatry, clinical psychology and administrative staff.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
• To care co-ordinate and manage a defined caseload of adolescents and their families and carers.
• To co-ordinate and deliver individualised care packages / programmes for adolescents and their families and evaluate these programmes, ensuring high standards of practice in accordance with national guidelines and trust policy.
• To develop and maintain therapeutic relationships with young people and their families/carers.
• To record information on RiO, ensuring effective documentation of patient care is consistent with Trust standards.
• To implement and contribute to policy and service development as appropriate.
• To participate in the recruitment, induction, supervision, appraisal and development of staff, and to conduct formal and informal supervision of trainee nurses.
If you feel you are suited to this position, please attach your CV and apply today!
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.