Position –Advanced scrub Practitioner – Glastonbury
Location – Glastonbury
Reference – ZAGLASPR
Salary – Dependent upon Experience
Hours – Full Time – Permanent
My client has a new opportunity for an experienced Advanced Scrub Practitioner to join their multidisciplinary theatre team at Glastonbury. My client offers a range of treatments and also provides diagnostic services, using the latest MRI, ultrasound and plain film x-ray technology. A recent CQC inspection showed that patients are positive about their experience and that staff were focused on providing care and effective treatment and support to patients.Responsible To
Theatre ManagerKey Responsibilities
As an Advanced Scrub Practitioner, you will be expected to contribute to the general management of the unit in support of the Theatre Manager. You will be involved in the assessment of care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care and teach those skills to other members of the multi-disciplinary team. In addition, you will coordinate where appropriate the activity of other disciplines to meet the care needs of patients and maintain a safe working environment for staff and patients in the operating theatre suite.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Extensive experience in the operating environment
• Experience of effectively managing a team
• Ability to plan and prioritise own and others workload when under pressure.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer literate
• NMC registered Nurse or HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner
• Teaching qualification
• Specialist theatre training e.g. ENB 183/176 or equivalent
• Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.