Position – Advanced Nurse Practitioner – Rehabilitation Unit
Ref – STHMSCC
Salary – £31,000 - £40,000
Hours – Full time
We are seeking an advanced nurse practitioner to join our well established client in there award winning site in Chester. The hospital is 26 bedded and caters for individuals who require specialist rehabilitation.
Our Client is an independent sector provider of services for patients with brain injuries.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to be working for a Company that is passionate about providing the best care in the best environment.
The Advanced Nurse Practitioner will act as an autonomous, accountable practitioner working on their own initiative and in collaboration with nursing, medical and allied health professionals to assess individual patient needs, initiate investigations, determine a differential diagnosis and initiate appropriate holistic evidence based treatment and care.
• Participating in the development and delivery of a philosophy which involves and respects the rights of patients, carers and staff.
• Working with patients/families/carers and the multi-disciplinary team to provide therapeutic care that anticipates and responds to the needs of patients.
• Contributing to continuous improvements in the delivery of high quality patient focused care.
• Actively being involved in the delivery of any new strategies for patient care that impact on the clinical environment.
• Participating in systems which allow staff to reflect and improve on their own practice e.g. Clinical Supervision.
• Management of patients to incorporate physiological, psychological and pharmacological considerations, making multifaceted complex clinical decisions regarding patient management and clinical outcomes, including, where appropriate, independently listing patients for elective procedures, and discharging patients from the service when treatment is complete/optimum outcome is achieved.
• Undertake independent comprehensive assessment and management of patients to incorporate physiological, psychological and pharmacological considerations, making multifaceted complex clinical decisions regarding patient management and clinical outcomes, including, where appropriate, listing patients for elective procedures and discharging patients from the service when treatment is complete/optimum outcome is achieved.
• Provide specialist advice concerning patients with acute/chronic conditions.
• Independently adjust care plans/treatment plans according to need, assessing appropriate management options, and initiate treatment or referral to an appropriate professional where necessary.
• Request investigations appropriately, independently interpreting and acting upon the results of these investigations and adjusting the patients management plan accordingly
• Provide education and support regarding the range of treatment options available to the patient.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.